Peer-to-Peer MoCA® Link Security
Seamless Authentication Integration: MoCASec™ & the WiFi Ecosystem
MoCASec is a robust security layer that provides point-to-point link privacy enabling seamless integration of MoCA technology into home networks supporting the Wi-Fi Alliance’s EasyMesh™ standard. It provides the same security and privacy level maintained by Ethernet in wired and wireless links.
- Seamlessly integrates in existing authentication ecosystems.
- Supports any inbound / out-of-band authentication protocol and method:
- IEEE Std 802.1x authentication protocol.
- Same EAP methods used by WiFi.
- Manages dynamic pairwise encryption keys per MoCA link.
- Encrypts data units with 128_bit key AES-CBC.
- Available to any MoCA 2.x based device by firmware upgrade.
- Interoperates with MoCA 2.x network in privacy or no-privacy mode.
Simple, efficient peer-to-peer link security