Point-to-Multipoint Coax Connectivity
for Managed Services
at lower install and maintenance costs.
Fast, Reliable, Cost-effective.
Extending the reach of fiber broadband using existing coax.
The MoCA Access™ standard solves fiber deployment challenges in brownfield sites by extending fiber’s reach using existing coax wiring. MoCA Access delivers deterministic, multi-gigabit broadband at lower install and maintenance costs.
MoCA Access™ 2.5
MoCA Access™ is a low-cost/high-performance, fiber access extension standard currently capable of MAC data rates of 2.5 Gbps downlink and 2.0 Gbps uplink, less than 5ms latency and operates over the pre-existing in-building coax.
MoCA Access™ 2.5 Specs
- Fiber extension technology using in-building coaxial cabling.
- Based on MoCA 2.5 specification.
- Throughput is 2.5 Gbps downstream and 2 Gbps upstream.
- Latency is less than 5ms.
- Point-to-multipoint serving up to 32 modems (clients).
- Works over existing in-building coaxial wiring.
- Operating frequency range of 400MHz - 1675MHz.
- Co-exists with TV, and cellular (4G/5G) technologies.
- Supports standard traffic shaping and QoS up to eight (8) traffic classes.
- Strong security support.
- Three transmission power modes with 45dB, 55dB or 65dB link budgets and power saving modes.
- Included in TR-419 by Broadband Forum: Fiber to the extension point, Technical Report TR-419
- Fiber to the building (FTTB)
- Wired backhaul for 4G/5G
- Hotels, hospitals, restaurants, offices
MoCA Access supports standard traffic shaping and QoS up to eight (8) traffic classes. It also provides strong security, three transmission power
modes with 45dB, 55dB or 65dB link budgets and power saving modes.
Case Study Video Summary:
Stoneridge Apartments reuse of existing coax infrastructure to extend fiber multi-gigabit services resulted minimal construction and in-unit labour, with no new infrastructure installed, and saved over 30% in costs per unit compared to fiber to the unit.
Check out the Case Study
MoCA Access for any type of coax network
MoCA Access for Fiber
As a fiber extension technology, MoCA Access is well suited for operators and ISPs that are installing fiber-to-the-basement (FTTB) or fiber deep
into the network, and want to use the existing coax for connection to each apartment or unit. MoCA Access also appeals to commercial integrators
in market segments such as hospitality/hotels, restaurants, offices, and any other buildings wired with coax.
MoCA Access – Fiber Extension over Coax
MoCA Access™ by MoCA® members:
Cambridge Industries Group (CIG)
InCoax Networks AB (InCoax)
Translite Global (Translite)
View the Broadband Forum UFBB Virtual Conference 2022 Presentation Deck
UFBB Presentation Deck
Using Existing Wires For Cost Effective Broadband Networking A Case Study Success Story
For Brownfield Fiber networking deployment in MDUs and Commercial Buildings
Join our email newsletter by submitting your email address below to access this presentation deck.
We'll send you occasional emails about MoCA Access updates and coax's evolution as an excellent networking connectivity tool. You can opt out at any time.
An error occured. Please try again later.
Track MoCA Access™ News
We'll send you occasional emails about MoCA Access updates and coax's evolution as an excellent networking connectivity tool.